View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default attorneys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Dear Barbara -

I am so sorry to hear of your circumstances. No one should have to suffer for WC not paying for basic medications! Please check out NT's "Layoffs, Unemployment and Worker's Compensation" at http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum30.html If you don't have a WC lawyer get one ASAP. (It's my understanding that most of them work on a contingency basis, but don't hold me to that.)

Similarly, you should be vigorously pursuing both state and federal disability payments. I assume you're already doing this, but if not you should get on it ASAP. As a California resident, I forfeited what would have been something like 95% of my income [based on the quarter before I was injured] that would have been payable for a year, had I filed the moment my income started to drop after my injury. NT also has a forum on Social Security Disability at http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum30.html if you haven't been there
already.

Hand in there

Mike
yes i do have lawyer actually.. and they are fighting for me.. they are great actually.. almost at depo stage. hired them last feb. the day i got fired.. they have helped me get treatment and everything.. helped me get bills paid.. right now trying to help me get ssi. they owe my quite a chunk of change.so they are trying to help me.. its been a long slow process it seems like, and when ur broke it seems like slower and longer..lol.. but that is almost over. then i have to go after the company i worked for. cuz they fired me due to allergic reaction to neurontin. that there doc gave me for (sprain)..lol i was getting treated pretty badly by wc doctors so i called a lawyer and he answered some questions and then i hired him..actually have a big firm.. a paralegal and attorney both handling my case.. meeting with them both wednesday afternoon.. really if i get frustrated i can call them and they help me.. they are like friends to be honest.. it seems strange that i have so much faith in them.. more trust in them than some of my family. i know thats horrible. but my family wants MONEY!!!

loretta (03-03-2010)