View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sounds like your doctor prescribed an SSRI like Paxil/paroxetine or Prozac, etc. The "can't finish" is a miserable side effect.

I wish I could survive without my 60mg of paroxetine. I need it to function. My brain gets stuck on random thoughts, like the lines of a song, the spelling of a word, a license plate number I saw, etc. Without the paxil, these looping thoughts can last days.

I can momentarily get another thought going but the dominant though will inevitably come back. Sometimes, my mind get stuck in jukebox mode. I can switch songs if I try but I will have to have something playing in my head or the original will start looping again.

The doctors don't care to help me besides renewing my prescription. There is a therapist in Salt lake City who has suggested his therapy may help, but it takes six weeks or more at over $200 per week. Plus Salt Lake City is 300 miles away. Plus, I would need to wean off the Paxil which takes up to 8 weeks of misery.

You are very fortunate you stopped the anti-depressant in the early stage. You stopped at just about the time when the anti-depressant starts to work. Good for you.

You can buy the active ingredients in the Neuroscience stuff at any vitamin or health food store. It will save you a bunch. I'd still get the whole vitamin regimen going first for about two months. Then wean off the Neuroscience and see if you still need it. If you do, you can add the neurotransmitter ingredient back to your regimen.

I was at the store today and saw all of the ingredients in the Neuroscience products on the shelf in a number of brands (without the extra vitamins)

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote