View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

On ABC national news last night, they showed that its a nationwide epidemic that chain drug stores are really dropping the ball. The "pharmacy tech" only gets about 2 hours training, and then dumped into being the one who writes down your prescription. One woman got 10 mg of warfarin, instead of 1 and it caused her to have a massive stroke, they had to stop treating her breast cancer and she died. Walgreens paid 26 million to settle the case. It was revealed pharmacy's are under no obligation to report their mistakes. big ones, or small ones.

I dont want a 16 y/o kid who cant make fries at mcd's being the one in charge of getting my prescription started, or being in charge of making sure its right. Yes, there are great 16 y/o kids out there, but they are not a common occurance. If its a larger store, in a busy town, the chances of a mistake are HUGE!

Please, know what pills you are supposed to be taking. What they look like. What the count is. If your MD prescribes something new, make sure you understand what kind of pill you are expecting. My mother's pill bottles now say "xanax a small football shaped white pill" right on the bottle! If it looks different than what you got last month, ASK!

One pharmacist in charge of 6 kids back there isnt enough of a safe guard against our medicines being mixed up.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote