View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default while not addressing the particular product...

...I will suggest a more accessible booster for mitochondrial function that I can vouch for. The combination of alpha lipoic acid, acetyl-L-carnitine, and L-carnosine work synergistically to address the problem, at least for me.

Try the simple test of recording the length of time you can stand on each foot. Take the combination for a week and repeat the test under the same conditions. I more than tripled my times the last time I did a "dry out and reintroduce" trial. If you have anywhere near similar results you'll *know* it is worthwhile. You can buy those three at any big drugstore now although I suggest you find a health food store and buy either Jarrow or NOW brand. Since they are unregulated you have to rely on the reputation of the manufacturer.

You are definitely right about mitochondrial dysfunction. It seems to be one of the big three processes (not causes) at work in PD, the others being oxidation and inflammation, although it gets hard to seperate them at that level.

-Rick
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote