View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Emily Bear just might be our next Chopin.

Until last night I had never heard the compositions of Chopin when he was very young.

His French father went to Poland and married a young woman; together they produced 4 children. The oldest girl was very musical and taught everything she knew to her little brother, Frederic. That took about 2 weeks. Then the mother took over and taught him piano for a year.

They had to find him a professional teacher after that because his progression was so fast.

At age 7 he wrote and played piano music you might expect from a musical teenager (IMO). At age 17 he wrote even more beautifully. As an adult, he penned music guided by the hand of angels. *swoon*

To me it is breathtaking. I love other composers, but with Chopin I get chills and tingles in my knees.

However, I found out last night while searching on YouTube that not every pianist has that effect on me. There was an Asian dude, though very talented, just didn't do it for me. No chills. He didn't have the same fire as Valentina.

Also, the magnificent tenor Placido Domingo gives me the chills, but Andrea Bocelli doesn't. Weird, huh?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote