View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Checking in and need some advice

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing and to see if there are any new developments on the forefront. My last post was in January, when I was finally diagnosed. One question.....how important is it to find a definitive cause for my PN. I have mixed axonal and demyelinating peripheral polyneuropathy. Both my neuro and PC say there are 4 main causes and the 5th cause is idiopathic. According to both, I fall under the 5th cause. I am happy to report that most of my symptoms are in remission now, since mid December, but I can feel they are starting to return and when that happens, it is usually with a vengeance. Hence, my pensive mood. I am trying to enjoy the moment, but fear what is lurking right around the corner. I say this because my newest symptom is the burning in the feet. I am constantly taking my shoes off because my feet feel like they are on fire. My only PN med is Neurontin 300mg at bedtime. I see my neuro again on 3/11 and just wonder if I should push for a definitive cause for the PN or does it really matter??

As one to another.......I feel your pain and wish I could make it all go away for each and everyone who suffers from this. Since I can't, I will pray and ask God to bestow his blessings on all of his children. Would love to hear from you all as to whether or not to persist to figure out a cause or just let it go.
God bless
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote