View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default This is some good stuff!

I'm coming up on a month now and I've gotta' tell you, this is worth trying. In fact, it is the best thing I have found (especially since I can't handle DXM). It is certainly better than mucuna.

I was on a two-hour leash when I started this trial. I was maxed out on Requip at 24 mg. Officially I was taking 700 mg of Sinemet but "unofficially" was closer to 1000 mg. And I was still having a daily struggle with OFFs and freezing. And my blood pressure was a constant worry, especially with the OFFs and the stress.

Yesterday, I took 900 mg of Sinemet and 8 mg of Requip and had a pretty good day. Had a few OFFs but they were shorter and almost FREEZE-FREE! Today I am on a three-hour schedule and have cut the skullcap to every other time because my blood pressure was getting too low.

Most interestingly, I know this may be illusion, but I swear that it feels like I am healing. It is hard to put into words, but it feels as though positive things are happening inside. There is a definite sense of relaxation and well being.

I am using a Nature's Way product that has 850 mg of "stem, leaf, and fruit" of Scutellaria lateriflora

I know that there are a lot of empty chairs around this table these days and, while I don't begrudge sharing with the new faces, it's going to be pretty damned ironic if this really is this good but too late to help the "old timers." Sigh...
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ScottSuff (03-02-2010)