View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tyson, ((((hugs)))) I have this saying, "NO GOOD DAY GOES UNPUNISHED" I'm an MG'er with Heart conditions, so what I'd recommend is for you to talk with your doctor, call them, tell them what you've been experiencing. It may just be muscle spasm in and around the heart. It can be very painful.
I'm not a doctor, so I won't say what you need, only your doctor can tell you that for certain. She give them a call and talk to the nurse, or who ever it is that you talk to there.
Your Aunt really needs to be educated on this disease. Does she go to the doctor's with you? If she doesn't maybe it's time she does. I know you love your Aunt and are just venting, we all have to do that from time to time, and yes our Loved ones, can do drive us a little crazy from time to time.
But wait for a moment to open, and then nab it for a heart to heart with her.
You could start out by saying something like, "you know aunt ---- , I've been feeling this in my muscles, and then they go away, and the moment I do this, or that, I feel this again. I read where this is MG, and it's very serious"
Something a long those lines.
I'm so sorry about your Mom, she is a hurting person who doesn't understand how to take of herself, and I'm sure you have a lot of compassion for her.
And even more importantly, will do everything in your power to take of yourself.
Your new to all this, and I do understand how that feels. You'll get there, just keep listening when you need to rest, Rest period.
Going running cause you felt like you could, I understand, but you will come to understand, even though I feel like I can, maybe I shouldn't do that to my body, as it just had a lot of fun, it needs to rest for a while.
Make sure you call your doctor.
Love Lizzie
p.s. Wanted to know if you've ever heard of Stanley Way? He is one of the very first person to help me understand MG. He runs marathons, and has MG. I also know of a women who had MG, and for the life of me I can't remember her struggles, but they were the worst I've ever heard, anyways, after so many years of getting treatment, and getting stable, she became, I believe a Lawyer. Here's a thing on Stan, http://www.athlinks.com/myResultsAdv.aspx?rid=38853213
Over the next couple of days, I'll find the other person's name,and her story. She e-mailed me personally, as she was involved in our local group, and is well known through them.
Many people with MG, can live a near normal life. But it was through much hard work, or patience. (((hugs)))

Last edited by Maxwell'sMom; 03-02-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote