View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new to Mestinon--dosage?

I'm not officially diagnosed yet--sero-negative and borderline EMG--but my neuro put me on Mestinon to see how it works. I've been taking it for four days. My most troublesome symptoms have been weak neck muscles, extreme tiltiness (I'm pretty sure that's from weak back and side muscles), and trouble with my eyes (pain, a pulling feeling, and double vision).

Since I started the Mestinon, I've had all of these symptoms, but milder. And the times they've been bad have mostly been right before my next dose is due.

Each additional day that goes by without a "crash" (too tilty to walk at all...an afternoon on the couch because I can't hold up my head...double vision that puts me to bed) makes me more confident that the Mestinon is doing something. On the other hand, I tried to do one waltz with my husband the other evening and exhausted not my legs, but my arms--holding them up that long. So that was discouraging.

I hope the neuro will try me on a higher dose. But I'm already taking 3 pills a day, at 8, 12, and 4, 60 mg. strength. Isn't that already a rather high dose?

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, and the information and support.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote