View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Natural is always better

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
I'm coming up on a month now and I've gotta' tell you, this is worth trying. In fact, it is the best thing I have found (especially since I can't handle DXM). It is certainly better than mucuna.

Most interestingly, I know this may be illusion, but I swear that it feels like I am healing. It is hard to put into words, but it feels as though positive things are happening inside. There is a definite sense of relaxation and well being.

I am using a Nature's Way product that has 850 mg of "stem, leaf, and fruit" of Scutellaria lateriflora

I know that there are a lot of empty chairs around this table these days and, while I don't begrudge sharing with the new faces, it's going to be pretty damned ironic if this really is this good but too late to help the "old timers." Sigh...
As one of those newer faces, I want to say "thank you" for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us. I am always amazed by how much you know.

I think, this diagnosis is one that largely boxes us in; I remember feeling pretty helpless in learning that we in essence are receiving palliative care- we're told PD is not a death sentence, but in knowing that, it sure felt like one to me. Thanks to you, Rick, I feel there is a way out of that box; you give us what our doctors most likely do not even know and what they will never tell us...that is invaluable.

I have a few questions. Are you taking one dose of the Skullcap a day? Are you instead taking dosages throughout the day and timing it with other meds? Finally, I have saved the info you posted on CDP Choline in order to try it and hopefully lower Sinemet intake...then I read this. Rick, or anyone who has tried both Skullcap and CDP Choline, why would we want to take one over the other? Is Skullcap indicated only when Cortisol levels are high?

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote