Thread: Lumbar Puncture
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I had one, but about a year after my problems began?

And it came up as having heaps of inflammation symptoms. That, along with other bloodwork and several nerve conduction studies and muscle conduction studies over that period determined I had that CIDP [Chronic Inflammatory Demeyelinating Polyneuropathy]
Both nerve tests and spinal tests right after any 'onset' don't often show the damages that can occur- but then, most docs don't look for it or test for it unless it persists for years. Then you are likely on your fourth or fifth neuro. By then it's too late, damages are done. It takes ten times longer for nerves to re-grow, if they can re-grow, than it takes for them to die, so the sooner the treatments, the better...Depending on what the diagnosis/diagnoses is/are. There can be more than one problem going on at once. Most are minor, but in my case they were solid problems.
The more agressive the diagnosis? The better off you can be in the long term.

Take a look at this site? It addresses neuropathies and immune issues, Could be one or both? Read the symptoms and see where you feel you mite 'fit'. IT mite not be the case? But worth an exploration -tho it can boggle the mind. This is why neuro's are always soo muzzy on diagnosis? Understand that and you're on your way! http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/alfindex.htm

Let us know how it all goes! Be aware that spinal fluid testing results take a 'while'...It can seem like a very long while for whichever result!
Hugs 's and hope! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BonDon (03-04-2010)