View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The Mailman is my New Friend!

I had my ALJ hearing on February 4th. I was awarded a favorable bench decision, but I wanted to see it in writing, and couldn't stand the wait for the judge's letter. Woohoo! I just had my hubby check the mail and I received my fully favorable decision in writing. I still won't be able to breathe easy until I receive the award letter and see the money in my account.

I applied in April 2008 with a stop work date of June 2007. The judge awarded my backpay as of June 2007, so I guess I will need to assume the waiting period would make me eligible for payment starting January 2008.

I am 54 years old, suffer from HepC with cirhossis, multiple spinal fusions with degenerative disc disease and stenosis, migraine headaches and hypertension. I pray everyday and thank God for all of my blessings and ask to remain on earth as long as possible. I love my family and friends and don't want to leave them yet. My SSDI money will make things much easier for me and my family. I feel blessed.

I worked for 33 years before having to quit work due to my debilitating illness. I am so glad I paid into the system and am now able to reap the benefit of the insurance at the time I need it the most. I hope everything goes through as stated in the letter, but I will have to just wait and see. Hopefully, this stressful waiting period will end soon!
dollymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote