View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is there a "normal" path for healing?

Today marks my daughter's 7 month anniversary with PCS.

Of course the first thing we learned is that there is no "normal" when it comes to PCS. Nevertheless, I am wondering if any of you notice a pattern of symptoms subsiding.

Right now she has very sporadic headaches, usually very short "stabbers" just two or three times a week. She hasn't asked for pain reliever in a long time.

She still has more fatigue than usual, occassional lightheadedness, occassional nausea. Memory/concentration seem to be improving...she was able to memorize Marc Antony's speech from Julius Caesar without any headache-causing effort so that has to be a good sign.

She just cut down from 20 to 10 mg Elavil, fish oil and a multi. No other meds. We are awaiting results of blood tests for thyroid, etc.

I'm not complaining...she's doing really very well all things considered. I'm just curious to know if anyone has noticed patterns. I'm also curious to know if there are any additional diagnostics or treatments anyone would recommend. I keep thinking there might be that one key element I am missing that might help her. Vision/eye symptoms have resolved, no balance or dizzy issues.

OK...I'll be honest...I want someone to say, "Yeah, I felt just like that one week before my symptoms disappeared forever!"
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (03-06-2010)