View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Mestinon dosage

I am currently taking 30 mg, 3 times per day. I take them at 8 am, 12 pm and 4 pm.

For the first 5 months I was taking 60 mg, 1 to 2 times per day, but after discussing Mestinon on this forum, I realized that I might be taking too much (even though I was so thankful that the Mestinon was helping). At this dosage, my double vision did not go away and I still had a lot of weakness.

I got an okay to experiment with my dosage from my doctor, as long as I stayed within a certain range(60 to 120 mg per day). I found that by taking 30 mg at a time, and taking Mestinon more often (every 4 hours), it helped much more than the 60 mg.

When I take 30 mg at a time, my double vision goes away!(most of the time) Usually, with this smaller dose, I can do normal things as long as I don't do too much.

If I take a 60 mg pill I get double vision again within about 20 minutes and I have more weakness than when I take 30 mg.

I am very sensitive to medication and maybe this is why I need only a small dose. Without Mestinon my MG is severe. I am so very thankful I respond to Mestinon and don't need to consider some of the other medication with horrible side effects.

Everyone is different and I think that I am taking much less Mestinon that what most people need.

I hope this helps.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote