View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Stacey ~ I had the SCS implanted for 6 months, but then had to have it removed.

I went thru the trial period, but the dopes (pardon) gave me so many restrictions on what I could and couldn't do that I didn't get a good assessment of pain relief. During the trial, of course I thought I was getting good pain coverage, cause they didn't let me really DO anything! So I went ahead and had it implanted. After the healing period, I went about my normal routine and WOW ~ it hurt like the devil!!! The SCS just irritated things instead of covering the pain. I had it reprogrammed many times, but no soap. Also, since I wasn't a very big person, the stupid generator tried to work itself out!!! UGH. I had to hold it in with an ace bandage! LOL. So obviously, it had to come out, and believe me that's work taking it out than it is putting it in cause scar tissue has formed around the leads in the upper back and around the generator. I still have a very sensitive spot in my upper back and I imagine I always will.
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote