View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Dej. Thx for your post.

Yeah, a contributing factor for the seeking attention outside was that DH is currently on a med that decreases interest and ability to have and maintain an erection. Therefore, I'm not getting much at home. Would definitely have preferred, even during a flare when my thinking was not clear, that interactions be w/ him and not w/ a stranger.

~ Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
Oh faith, first, you are NOT alone. When I am in flare, I tend to be...hmm...how shall I phrase it..."hungry" that is a good word. I am hungry for sexual attention. That is one of my clues that its a true flare. its not normal behavior for me. I have not gone as far as to seek it outside of my home, but it is during those flairs that I tend to feel less satisfied with what I have at home. I have come to know this is a "trick!" of my mind, and know that it will pass.

Also please know that ALL MS meds CAN cause abnormal thinking patterns. From A to R and C included. its listed right on the phamplet that comes with them. Please speak to your MD about this. It maybe a flair or a side effect of the meds. Please dont sit at home, and sit in silence. SPEAK UP!

If you feel your husband is being REactive, instead of PROactive, then you may need a go between. Seek out a female counselor, and have her as your referee. You have admitted that you are having an issue, and I think its not unfair to be met with understanding and compassion, but sometimes spouses can feel injured, or insulted. its hard to be compassionate if you feel wounded.

PLEASE dont sit in silence. Speak up. Lets get you some help. Call your MS center or your PCP MD and ask for some couseling. and remember you ARE loved!
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008