View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. I'm glad you're going to speak with your doctor first. Never change Mestinon without that discussion. You might want to get a "what if" kind of dose like going up 15 mg. while going out doing things.

With Mestinon, there are two things to consider: Dose amount and frequency of dose. Doctors will often increase the frequency first since, as Pat said, increasing the amount can lead to overdose symptoms. It can be hard when you first use Mestinon to know the difference between not enough and too much. Both too little and too much can make your muscles feel weak.

I'm glad you are feeling the effect of it. It's hard to be seronegative and have a borderline SFEMG.

Lizzie, According to Dr. Howard, there is such a thing as a borderline SFEMG. It's when enough pairs are positive but not enough for an outright positive. It shows a "tendency" towards a decrement without an obvious decrement. It's important not to ignore that since it can be that way early on in the disease process, particularly if they don't test a really weak muscle. I hope you're doing ok.

Don't think that Mestinon will turn you into superwoman! If you overdo while on it, you will still get really weak.

I hope you can figure out what is a good drug regimen for you. It takes awhile to get used to the drug let alone having this disease.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote