View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face I have the same symptoms and they are progressing

David-
I am actually thrilled that there is someone else out there that is experiencing what I am going thru.
I have been dealing with this for 12 years.
Stress I will say can bring it out, but even in my happiest of happy times..I am at a complete loss...because to be honest..it really doesn't make a difference.
My head convulses...that is the term i use..or ticks constantly at times..and totally uncontrollable as you know. It also starts to get annoying and slightly painful. My head always "flips" to the left...my right side is the most afflicted but left side does it to.
I have had multiple eegs..emgs..mri's, cat scans..have seen multiple neurologist and m.d.s along with psycholgoists.
I know a panic/Anxiety attack because I have had those and they do not mimic what I go thru.
I also experience wierd feeling on the left side of my face like it is drouping..but to see it is not.
I have been on Neurontin for years...it helps midly..but at this point I will take midly. (it is an medicine used to treat seizures).
Three weeks ago.. I underwent minor surgery...and ended up having a major attack....It was a full blown full bodied attack..) the Doctors refused to treat me for over a half hour because they felt it was just a "panic attack". Which I wasn't panicking. Though this was NOT the first time this has happened.
After my friend came back she started yelling at the doctors and finally gave me a medication to stop the seizures and within Ten minutes I was literally FINE!!!! Back to "normal".
I go thru times..where there seems like there is no end to the "ticks and convulsions"...I loose my ability to form words properly..and my hand function also suffers. I also experience major pain in my appendages..which they said was a whole different problema and diagnoised it as a "fibromyalgia". Well, we all know our bodies and I will tell you they are completly corolated. And the symptoms all come together.
It is like having "something without a name".

It really does affect our lives.
My appendages such as hands..and feet feel weak and tired...and loss of strength..it is a wierd feeling.

I have yet to find anyone who is willing to find what is going on and let me tell you ...I have seen the best of the best. I am at a loss.
I am hoping that someone anywhere gives me a clue as to what is going on.

I keep searching for an answer and hope in time I find one..as I hope you do to!!
I am in the US....and Really have no hope in the medical field. but as the last neurologist told me..they call it practicing medicine for a reason, because we are all practicing and learning.

You know your body better than anyone...keep searching for an answer and hopes that we can share what we learn together!!!
Mommie22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote