View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hello FeelingG. Good to see you. the article was good and could be very helpful to us all.

I know when I go see MIL most times she just stares in space. I walked in the last time I went and she saw me, even made eye contact with me and smiled. I hugged her and she gave me a big old bear hugs right back!! I felt for an instant she remembered me. So sad, I could see the shade slowly come down and the blank look again.

Hey, I was grateful for the min. When I was leaving I told her I would be back. She asked me when?? That too was but a long time memory. Hubby stood there and heard her ask me when. Big tears in his eyes.

He would not have believed the whole thing had he not there to witness the whole thing. He told me she seemed to know me and reacted when I talked. He also felt I could understand her better that night.

I didn't have the heart to tell him I was judging her words and reactions and tried to respond in kind. Such a horrible disease. My heart hurts for all familys and patients/LO's.

thank you for putting the URL up for the article. Julia
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote