Thread: brain fog?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs74 View Post
Does anyone have moments where they are forgetting what they are doing? Like i was at work saturday and i was scanning some items to ring up and i had them in my good hand and i kind of blanked out (brain fart) several times and forgot where i was and what i was doing. Then also i dont reconize people i should.. like family i grew up with, but dont see as often as i would like. or at work today reconized someone i barely knew then turned my head and looked back and it was like looking at something for the first time. It didnt look familiar at all. It seems to be getting more frequently and i feel like i am getting dementia to be honest, and i am getting scared. My neuro thinks there migranes and the topamax is at 100mg. freaking me out..just want to make sure thats its not migranes.. please help! confused in crps land!!
Hi Babs, A lot of us have this groping for words, confusion and it is frustrating. There has been information on NT about the Limbic System of the brain that controls our short term memory, judgment decisions, etc. that explains why we have this. Hope this helps explain our missing of words while speaking. Take care and we are happy to have you with your NT family, your friend, loretta with big soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
babs74 (03-04-2010)