View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Personal Comfort Zone

I know what you mean by your personal comfort zone. I rarely leave the house. About the only excursions out are for doctor visits. My husband does all the shopping, because I can't be on my feet for more than 10-15 minutes, and crowds of people tend to make my balance problems worse.

I was never one to watch much TV, but finally purchased a TV for our bedroom, and Netflix has become my new BFF. I was one of those obnoxious Type A personalities that was constantly on the go. I never visioned myself as someone who could actually find enjoyment by sedately sitting on my porch bird watching, but that has become my new passion.

We live in the country overlooking a river, so have been able to attract a wide variety of birds to our feeders. We have photographed 54 different species, and our favorite time of year is just around the corner - the babies. The birds are so accustomed to us that they will bring their babies to the porch rail to feed them. And they let us walk right up on them to watch.

When my sister visited last year she was like a wide-eyed child, and couldn't believe it when I told her to just walk slowly to the rail for a better look. She spent the rest of the night grinning, giggling and shaking her head.

Wow, where did all that come from - my new passion.
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote