View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
All of the boards are showing low D levels in patients who get tested. I think I have only seen a couple who were in the 40-50 ng/ range! Many have tested very low, almost in the single digits!
My Vit D was 26, and I was told it was well within normal ranges. I have it up to 45 now, but only because I decided to fix it.

Quote:
My neurologist called today. Asked me how I was. I told him I'm not sure because he was calling me!
He told me that my bloodwork all came back within normal ranges except for the D (you and I knew that, but he had not yet called to discuss with me).
Always request a copy of the results, and look them over yourself. My ferritin was only 22, and I was told everything is fine, 20 is anemia. I also have that up to 40 now. It had been at 22 for over a year when I mentioned the level, that's when I was told maybe ferritin IV's were needed.

You have to watch out for yourself. Many people have been told Vit B12 at 200 is fine too, and we all know that isn't true. Research, research, research.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (03-04-2010), judymoody (03-04-2010), mrsD (03-04-2010)