View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, Tippy just had a problem two days ago....

I had forgotten to give her the Hairball remedy..

In nice weather they self medicate with grass outside.

1) you can grow your own cat-feline grass for them to eat, indoors.

2) or you can use the Hairball stuff that comes in a tube for that purpose (our cats don't like the stuff in the tube)

3) or you can use one of the new remedies that incorporate the mineral oil into treats. This is what I do with her.
It is called Purina Friskies Hairball remedy. I break them into 3 smaller pieces for her, because it is a bit gummy and her teeth are not great... but it helps her alot. (I call them the poopy treats!! LOL)

I also brush them with a fine toothed comb, so they will swallow less.

Mine did not cost this much.... I bought locally. Ours seems to be a smaller package. They do go stale, so don't buy a big package until you see how it goes. Usually 2 of these is enough for Tippy daily. The baggie says 3-6, but that may be to sell more.
Tippy cannot eat the crunchy ones, so soft is our only remedy.

Some of the kibble by IAMs now has a hairball version...it has a bit more fiber in it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-04-2010), Kitty (03-04-2010)