View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question How do you describe your RSD to others?

Just curious... I am always having people ask me "how'd you hurt your arm?", "what did you do to both of your arms?", etc, etc, etc... all asking me "what is wrong?"...

So, how do you tell people what is wrong with you (what your dx is) easily?

Quite often at physical therapy I have other patients ask me what is wrong with my arms, legs, etc, and I have to try and easily tell them basically what is wrong... It is hard for people to understand, and they get lost, or ask a bunch of questions. I don't mind answering the questions, though, if I have time!

When I was explaining it to a lady today, she just couldn't comprehend what I meant... and she thought I was *too young* to have it!

SO, I have told people "it is a neurological syndrome, a chronic pain syndrome, and that basically your nerves are sending wrong messages to your brain, saying they are hurting...".

People wonder why I am at physical therapy for it. So, I try and tell them that I have lost a lot of movement, I need desensitization, strengthening and stretching; because physical therapy is known to work and you've got to keep the affected extremity moving.

So, how do you easily tell other people what RSD is, and what is wrong?!

Last edited by InHisHands; 01-24-2007 at 07:53 PM.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Azaila (05-02-2010), Kakimbo (04-28-2010)