Old 03-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I think they should have came up with a better name.. too much like corn

the rapeseed oil name was changed to canola oil.

My thought is the more something has to be processed the more chances of contamination & additives.
I vote for the real food every time.

real butter - not margarine
real half n half - not man made chemical creamers
Reminds me when I came home from work when I was about 20. My mother said "We are having something different tonight" I said "okay, I'm game".

I walk in the door (my parents were in another part of the house). I spotted a big pot on the stove, and it was steaming and it smelled wonderful.

Well!!!! I will NEVER forget my reaction.

I took off the pot lid and I gulped (not believing what I was seeing). I took another look and took a fork and gently lifted it out and started to yell (and I mean yell). My mother and father come running all scared and took one look at me, and started laughing.

I took one look at them and said "why the hel* are YOU laughing, do you KNOW WHAT IS IN THIS POT??"

My mother said "oh for goodness sake, calm down, haven't you ever seen a TONGUE before?"

I looked at her and said "Are you out of your mind?" I really thought she was.

She said "It's a delicacy". And I said "For Who"??

And she started laughing again. She take out this COW'S TONGUE and proceeds to slice it up.

That's when I announced "I'm leaving and I'll be back later when that THING IS OUT OF THE KITCHEN."

When I came home, I made scrambed eggs!!!

I will NEVER forget that and it's over 40 years ago.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-04-2010)