Thread: My diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default My diagnosis

I have a macular hole in my left eye. It is something that just happens. It is like a tear in the retna. While the recovery is not so pleasant the surgery it's self shouldn't be that bad in my case because it is a small hole. If I understand it the doctor puts gas in to fill the hole which is why for 2 weeks afterwards I'll need to keep my head bent downward at all times. I will also have to sleep on my stomach which is very hard for me to do. I am going to have to pay someone to take me in for 2 weeks as I am not be left alone. There are risks even in surgery resulting in more surgery. Recovery of good vision is about 70 or 80 percent I think. I have papers to explain it more fully before I decide but I've pretty much decided to have the surgery. the doctor said if I have the surgery that I should have it in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I am so happy that there is something that can be done that worry about the not so pleasant recovery is not so worrisom.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-04-2010), BlueMajo (03-04-2010), Dmom3005 (03-05-2010), waves (03-04-2010)