View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=mrsD;628264]Hello Ian....

I have some questions.
What was going on with you 5 months ago? Vaccines? Illness?
Did you start some new routine like exercising, or did you go on a vacation somewhere? Were you exposed to solvents doing any task or woodworking?
Have you had thyroid testing?
Have you been to a podiatrist and been evaluated for any foot problems...spurs, sesamoid bones, ankle issues, pronation, neuroma, etc?
What drugs do you take? Statins? Did you use any antibiotics just before or during the onset of your symptoms?
What is your diet like? Are you a vegetarian? Do you eat fast food alot, or processed foods? (may contain high levels of MSG).
Do you take any vitamin or mineral supplements? Before this onset did you take any?
Do you get digestive upsets frequently?
There are over 100 causes of PNs....one has to be a detective of sorts, to figure things out and some doctors don't spend that time with you.

You need to tell us more.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

No vaccines, travel, etc.
Yes-tested for thyroid. Negative. Lymes disease = negative. Protein tests = normal. I'm not sure of all of the tests done so far.
Podiatrist thought it might be hammertoe. Gave me cortisone. No help. He was wrong.
Occasionally took vitamins beforehand. Now take them daily.
Am not taking any prescription medications. Occasional ibuprferon.
Diet OK. I'll try to note MSG.
No frequent tummy upsets.

I don't think this would cause PN, but as a teacher I use Epo dry erase markers daily and the fumes do bother me. I discovered that they do contain nasty solvents. But if they were truly dangerous, there would be some kind of epidemic, no?

Spent two days scraping and painting old fencing about 6 monts ago. I'm sure it was lead paint, but I don't think 2 days of exposure would be enough to cause a problem.

Thanks again!
Stuart2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote