Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

regarding dry erase markers:

http://workplaceculture.suite101.com...d-markers-work
Quote:
The dry erase marker contains a combination of solvents, pigment, and resin. Each of these ingredients serves a particular purpose in the function of the dry erase marker.

* Solvents, such as ethyl alcohol and isopropyl alcohol, combine with the pigment and resin to ensure that the mixture remains liquid until spread on the marker board. The fumes from these chemicals are flammable, and can be hazardous if inhaled.
* Pigment is the substance that provides the color for the marker.
* Resin is a substance that is in a solid or partially solid state until dissolved by the solvents. The solvents begin to evaporate upon contact with the air and marker board, which causes the resin to become solid once more. Combined with the pigment, the resin remains on the marker board until it is wiped off.

Read more at Suite101: How do Dry Erase Boards and Markers Work?: Chemical Ingredients and History of the Non-permanent Wet Marker http://workplaceculture.suite101.com...#ixzz0hG1SgZgI
Also, if you think your paint was lead based, I'd get a blood test for heavy metals, including lead.

Some people cannot metabolize alcohols properly. This can be due to a deficiency in thiamine, or a genetic error in dehydrogenase enzymes that use thiamine. So the first thing I'd do if I were you is get a blood test for heavy metals.
Then I'd try some B1 thiamine 100mg tablets 3 times a day for a month. If this works you can move up to the better longer acting thiamine-- benfotiamine. 300mg a day for 3 months to see if you have any improvement.

This is just a beginning impression I have based on your history so far. Sometimes PNs are from exposure to environmental substances... arsenic, lead, cadmium, solvents, pesticides.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote