Thread: Labs Back
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks dahlek for the post. You have a good point about a 'blown-up flare'. I was thinking about that...

When I had the 'full blown-up flares' (June and September 2009), I had severe pain starting in MY UPPER ARM bicep (weird). Not both arms but one arm, right arm in June, left arm in September. On both occasions, it progressed to tingling and numbness in my hand and in June to my mouth, tongue and head (felt like lidocaine). I had GP (hospitalized), Pots, severe weakness, and all the autonomic dysfunction. The tingling and numbness did improve both times, ending in tingling in my fingers... but, this last flare took a full five months to resolve. Now, I just feel some intermittent weirdness in the forearm and sometimes the fingers. When I am having a bad day, I feel a greater degree of the tingling. This type of sensory disturbance may be common to those with PN... I don't know, but it is fairly new to me. My feet have been 'dead' a long time, but the other numbness, pain and tingling in my arms, face, mouth and head is new this year.

I think that if any sort of neurological testing were done during these 'critical' periods, something may show.

It is may just take more time to become apparent in my chemistry...unfortunately...or fortunately, that I have not had any severe 'flares' since September.

Is this sort of sensory dysfunction common? Do you have this?

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote