View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default So very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Ii believe our bodies build up immunities that fight (or lose) against these "toxins" we put into our bodies. Yes, I called an agonist a toxin. I am of the opinion that ANY kind of foreign chemical introduced into our system turns toxic after taking it for a while. It's a theroy that I have been meaning to give more time to research.

I dont' mean to get on my soapbox, but I'm ready for some new and novel treatments for PD.
Just wanted to add that I experienced severe aches in my knuckles, in the arches of my feet, and in my toes of all things- it is not a dystonic pain though. Some was directly linked to my use of Mirapex...the finger pain disappeared after I stopped and started Requip. The finger pain was a deep ache like I would imagine arthritis would feel, and the foot pain was more sharp and intense; it happened when I first got of out of bed in the morning. My arches felt like they were old creaky hinges badly in need of oil, and I think this is more PD rigidity as I still have it but not as bad or frequent.

That is another frustrating part of the treatment, with med side effects we don't know what is PD and what isn't! Also, it seems logical that the rigidity we have in muscle tone with PD in the first place might be exacerbated by some of the side effects. Does that make sense?

Peggy, you are so right. I feel these drugs are toxic the most when I realize how my extremities suffer the most--it's like there is such a buildup and it's accumulating in my system down to my fingers and my toes! My body is saying enough- let it all out, please! I won't even let myself think of the fact I have to take pills likely for the rest of my life...it used to drive me to the edge when I realized that I would have to start every day with a pill. Sigh.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote