View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 12:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default day two with the stimulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyc View Post
I'm looking for anybody who has had a spinal cord stimulater inplanted, or anyone who has heard of it.
I am in a lot of nerve pain and my doctor has suggested this for me. I've done all the other steps in pain management.The next thing is to get the spinal cord stimulator or surgery for disc replacements.
[B]I would love to speak to anyone concerning these topics[/B].
Hey there,

I got the trial stimulator put in yesterday, so maybe I could fill you in on how it has worked for me so far. Again, this is only day two, but so far I am happy with it. It is true that the limitations are pretty strict during the trial. No lifting, no bending or twisting. Basicaly, they want to keep the lead stable because it hasn't been firmly attached yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to know that I could walk and stand for more than a few minutes. I have lower back and hip pain that is high level and chronic. I have been almost bed-riden for a long time. I am pleased to tell you that so far I have been able to back off my meds a little bit on only day two, and if it weren't for the surgery site pain, I would be backing off the meds even more.

I actually went outside and walked down the sidewalk just to the next house, but that was something I would not have been able to do before the implant. I am scared to believe this is working, cause everything else has failed, but I told the implant rep to start the paperwork for thr permanent implant.

I'll keep you posted if you want, and if you have any questions let me know
ibjustwrite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-07-2010)