View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Understanding and Being Judgemental

I just wanted to comment on some of the posts I read and to say that I sure do share the pain and frustration of living with trigeminal neuralgia. I was diagnosed 4 years ago and things got progressively worse. Like so many of you out there I have a very tough time tolerating medications. Then--combine that with doctors that can't seem to think outside the box. Well---to get good pain management should not have to be a fight. There is too much great going on with medications and treatments for doctors to just wash their hands of patients. I also am tired of doctors worrying about addiction. With true pain it is very difficult to get addicted. Its far worse for the body to be constantly bombarded by untreated pain. (I know a bit about meds and addiction---I was a nurse for 26 years) I say---treat the pain and then worry about the other things. I agree with those that have been kicked to the curb by their surgeons or doctors. Isn't it sad when a doctor looses interest---of course, I guess we all thought they decided to be doctors to help people---guess their egos get the best of them. They don't want to be reminded of the ones that don't have the expected outcome. Well, then I say---they shouldn't be doctors. All patients are different---and not everyone will have the expected outcome. I had the MVD surgery and am sorry I did. My pain is way worse. Relentless! I really sympathize with all of you that share a similar situation. Pain is truly a life altering experience. It has been 5 months since my surgery and I just keep being told I will get better. My facial numbness is still there and hasn't changed one bit. I am being told by the end of 6 months it should be gone. Anyone else with a similar situation---and did your numbness go away? I am glad that I found this forum----it is somewhat comforting to not feel like you are the only one going through something like this. So many people with such horrible pain---and some with no good answers to treat it. SAD
Has anyone had burning pain after their surgery that wasn't there before the surgery? How about horrible eye pain? Thanks:
linnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (03-05-2010)