View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tyson,

you went on a ski trip, walked in the airport, and then went running the next day, without ending up in the hospital with a crisis, and just feeling a bit more weak, and having some more shortness of breath, when climbiing steps.

maybe you want to be fully recovered and that is understandable, and you would have wanted your neuro to pull up his magic wand and make you even better, but it sounds like you do have some improvement, even if less then what you would have wanted it to be.

and I can understand your dissapointment, because you are well enough not to require any intervention that could make you better, but not well enough to be really able to do everything that you want. and also having some improvement makes it even harder for you and those around you to understand what your limitations really are. and in a way it can paradoxically make you feel for a while, even more lonely, when you should actually be feeling better with yourself. that's another one of those "crazy" things about this illness.

it makes sense to find out why you are having a relatively high blood pressure and pulse. but to me it sounds that your neuro is quite dedicated and wanted to see you in his office when you reported those symptoms to make sure that you are all right.

think about this way- you may be gradually getting better, for what ever reason, and may be able to do more of what you like (even though not all, and still need to prioritize), and you have someone you can call in case you are doing less well, and who will be ready to see you within a day. (at least so it seems for now), so why not just see how you do within the next few days/weeks before you can decide if you can trust him or not?

maybe you will both be able to find out together that indeed you are starting to get out of the woods? or maybe ( I hope not) when he sees you again, he will think you are not as well as he thought. either way, you will find out sooner or later if he understands what is going on with you or not.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote