View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Just wanted to add that I experienced severe aches in my knuckles, in the arches of my feet, and in my toes of all things- it is not a dystonic pain though. Some was directly linked to my use of Mirapex...the finger pain disappeared after I stopped and started Requip. The finger pain was a deep ache like I would imagine arthritis would feel, and the foot pain was more sharp and intense; it happened when I first got of out of bed in the morning. My arches felt like they were old creaky hinges badly in need of oil, and I think this is more PD rigidity as I still have it but not as bad or frequent.

That is another frustrating part of the treatment, with med side effects we don't know what is PD and what isn't! Also, it seems logical that the rigidity we have in muscle tone with PD in the first place might be exacerbated by some of the side effects. Does that make sense?

Peggy, you are so right. I feel these drugs are toxic the most when I realize how my extremities suffer the most--it's like there is such a buildup and it's accumulating in my system down to my fingers and my toes! My body is saying enough- let it all out, please! I won't even let myself think of the fact I have to take pills likely for the rest of my life...it used to drive me to the edge when I realized that I would have to start every day with a pill. Sigh.

Laura
Laura, I'm not sure what dystonic pain feels like. Is it like the pain when you get feet and leg cramps, or like the deep ache from fibromyalgia?

I'm only on 0.25 of Mirapex daily, so it doesn't seem like enough of a dose and for such a short period of time (about 6 weeks), but then I've never been on it before.

I'm headed to the ophthalmologist next week, as it appears I've developed Bletharospasm. Like the rest of you, I'm not excited about the prospects of pills or treatments the rest of my life. But for now, I'm just trying to take the best care of myself possible.

Blessings all!
Cindy
coachmomlu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote