View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default there is hekp 4 ur hip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM View Post
Hi! Have had lower back probs for years that come and go, but last Nov I started having nagging R hip pain. Dr said it was Trochanteric Bursitis and put me on 6 days of oral Pred, which didn't help at all. Next step was corisone hip inj into the bursa~ again no pain relief. I did fall pretty hard on this hip Sept 08, but xrays were ok then.

Had a hip xray which showed some degeneration/arthritis, but not enough to warrant this pain, I guess. Also had 2 separate trigger pt lidocaine inj's into hip, which hurt like crazy at the time, but gave me some relief for a week. Have been doing PT for a couple of months, with little relief.

Now, I'm back to where I started... pain increases more w/activity and feels better lying down. Just daily tasks OR sitting in one position too long can increase the pain. Nurse just called and Dr has ordered a Pelvic MRI for next Tues. Now, this scares me... I asked her why and she said Dr doesn't want to ''miss'' anything such as a tumor, etc. (oh, but don't worry)

OK, now I have some really negative thoughts going on.
Pain is in R hip, upper part of thigh region and pelvic bone area. But, every day can be different, as to the pain level. My stomach has been bothering me, as my mind has been wandering about the ''what if's".

Anyone have similar sx's or suggestions? Oh, my Dr is a non surgical Spine Care/Physical Medicine specialty... I really appreciate any input...

I am stressed out about this; Can you tell??
So I had the same thing. Hip pain that was diagnosed with bursitis. I wanted the busea removed because all the shots and physical therapy didn't work. I finally found a doc willing to do it, and my hip felt much better. That's the good news. Bad news is that the scar tissue has kept my hip sore and weak. I have had high level pain for about 2 years and got to the point where I filed disability and got a scooter.

Again I finally found someone to help with the pain. Pain meds are not my thing, but I have been on them for a long time. I had the Boston Scientific SCS implanted for a trial two days ago. It is working for me and I am sooo excited about having a future that is not sooo painful. I am still in the trial period, but already my pain level is way down. This will not help the symptoms I get from walking. ie: knee and hip and foot swelling, but it lowers the pain level enough to use my scooter.

If your pain is just in your hip and you are having issues in that one spot, then I would pursue having a bursectomy. My hip moves much more freely and with much less pain in that spot. I had other issues that led to me getting the stimulator. Understand that if you want that bursea removed, you will run into oppossition. They don't like to take it out. Do you research and God Bless. I hope I didn't confuse you too much.
The fact is that most of our problems are complex, and the answers are sometimes multi-layer.
ibjustwrite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (03-05-2010)