View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmomlu View Post
Laura, I'm not sure what dystonic pain feels like. Is it like the pain when you get feet and leg cramps, or like the deep ache from fibromyalgia?

I'm only on 0.25 of Mirapex daily, so it doesn't seem like enough of a dose and for such a short period of time (about 6 weeks), but then I've never been on it before.

I'm headed to the ophthalmologist next week, as it appears I've developed Bletharospasm. Like the rest of you, I'm not excited about the prospects of pills or treatments the rest of my life. But for now, I'm just trying to take the best care of myself possible.

Blessings all!
Cindy
Cindy,

You are correct in the dystonia description. It is more like muscle spasms or cramping than deep joint or muscle ache. If you are only taking a total .025 Mirapex each day, then that is likely not it (I was on .025 three times daily).

You may want to ask your doctor regardless...this is from the www.drugs.com site:

In very rare cases, Mirapex can cause muscle wasting. If you develop muscle aches or soreness after you start Mirapex, be sure to tell your doctor.

Sorry, this may not at all be what is going on with you, but wanted you to be aware. The agonists in particular come along with nasty side effects and wearing off effects for some of us. Not at all sure how Mirapex works to control RLS...though it seems that the side effects are pretty consistent.

Hope you find something that helps!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote