View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
A lot of my migraines were from my jaw being off, due to the TBI. After surgery to correct the jaw joints, if I don't keep my back teeth built up to hold them in place (the tmj's) I get migraines. I also get migraines from other problems from the injury, as well as opthalmolgic migraines. My neuroopthalmologist says it doesn't matter what is causing the migraines, migraine medicine will work for it. What have you tried? I tried them all (well, nothing new since I found one that works great.) A few were worthless to me. Imitrext worked, but sooo slowly. I now take Zomig zmt (dissolves on tongue.) As soon as I realize I've had an aura or prodrome, I take one. Sometimes they occur during sleep and I wake with the horrible migraine, but the tablet still does wonder and within the hour I'm not wrenching in pain. By the time for the second tablet (at 2 hour mark) I don't always need it, but doctors say to take it anyway.

It prevents me from those lying on my side at the edge of the bed in total darkness in a cool room ... with a bucket on the floor ... wondering whether I will puke first or not til after my head explodes. Yeah, zomig zmt does it for me.

Good wishes.