View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default feeling like a burden

I'm a 43-year-old mother of seven. I have one child in college and two in high school, and I'm homeschooling four. I teach high school English in our homeschool co-op, which requires a lot of preparation. I have a part-time job from home. We have four people living with us who are trying to get on their feet and who require a lot of care (rides, social service arrangements, medical stuff, and lots and lots of direction and life-management).

I was never very good at juggling all of these responsibilities, but I was doing OK. Since I got sick, my sweet and uncomplaining husband has taken over a lot of stuff for me. I am very grateful that my day is so flexible--I can rest when I need to, etc. But I feel bad. My husband was already working harder than I was.

Would anyone like to talk about how to adjust to--deal with--get used to--I don't know--having to watch family members who are already over-burdened pitch in so much? What kind of mind-set do I adopt? How do I show him I'm grateful? This is pretty new to me. Thanks.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote