View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Oh, if you were here, I'd give you a hug, and a half, and let you know you're not along in feeling like this.
As a Mom, I too feel the guilt that my girls drive me to the doctors, my husband gets out of work early to take me when are girls aren't here to help. One is in college, and the other is interning. It's constant too.
So, we only see them during breaks. But while they're here, I depend on them so much, and then the guilt just floods in.
I was never the type to allow too many people to do for me, and I always felt, my children, are just that, my children, and I am the Mom. I take care of them, not the other way around.

It was a hard horrible adjustment to get use too, actually I still am not adjusted to it. And they're 21, and 27. My dear sweet husband is like yours, uncomplaining, and more than willing to help all he can. He works all day, and then comes home to help out with making dinner, and with anything else I couldn't do that day.
It's a slow process, and I'm not sure the guilt ever goes away completely.

What I have learnt is, as a family we work together as a team, and when one member isn't able too do, the other members help. I learned to give up control, and it made me a better person, better Mom, and better Christian.
We are a very close knit family. We joke all the time, and my illnesses, which are many, and rather serious, can be joked about, and we can laugh at the sillyness in them.
You may need to explain to your company, that with your illness, you are unable to do what you once did, and could they help you with this, or that. (instead of you helping them, it is you who needs help, and it is they .who are there with you .whose help is needed.)Even if they can do little tasks, that can really help.
This is a great topic to bring up, as many many of us are feeling like this, and although we've gotten better at allowing those around us to help, it's still hard.

Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote