View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Book Requip XL

Hi, BC

I haven't heard of skin rashes in connection with dopamine agonists, which isn't to say they don't happen, so I looked up Requip XL on www.rxlist.com. There I found no skin disorders connected with the drug in clinical trials (drug testing)(they only counted complications reported by 2% or more of the volunteers). I don't think Mirapex is much different for skin rashes, but each has its own list of problems. I have heard of many folks, including me, who felt like a thick fog had lifted from their minds when they went off Mirapex, for example. I lost all the hair on my arms and legs with Mirapex, as did some of my friends on a precursor to this forum, about 6 or 8 years ago. Some of it returned with Requip and now Requip XL.

My former neuro prescribed Requip XL so I could stay on the brand name when the generic Requip came out. Most generics tend to make my muscles ache. FYI, I take 16 mg/day Requip XL, 5 to 6 24/100 mg brand name Sinemet, up to 2 100 mg Amantadine, 90 mg Cymbalta, and various “supplements” recommended by my doctors at 11 years since diagnosis of PD.

Back to the rash. I would suspect something other than PD drugs when anything is intermittent, because they tend to stay in the body a week or so. For myself, I would ask my husband if he has changed brands of laundry detergent recently.

Good luck,

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote