View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Keep a good schedule. go to bed at the same time, up at the same time.

DARK room! make sure that any TV lights, alarm clock lights, lights from the humidifier, or cell phones are dark! Even tiny lights from appliances can tell the pineal gland in the brain that its time to get up!

Avoid Caffiene after 12 noon. Loads of hidden caffiene everywhere. read lables.

Practice meditation and relaxation. Lay in a soft, comfortable, dark space, and say good night toes, and feel them relax. Good night ankles. and feel them relax. Up to your hair. Deep breathing! pullin air, and move that diaphram. Put a book on your tummy and watch it go up and down with each breath.

melatonin is also awesome. its the natural substance that we make naturally at night to trigger sleep. 5 to 10 mg at night with warm milk helps!

AVOID alchohol. it prevents you from entering rem sleep.

When meditating, move your eyes left to right. right to left. up and down. down and up. it helps trigger the REM response we normally use when we sleep. REM is the restful stage of sleep. REM=rapid eye movement (dreaming)

DONT stress over it if it takes a few days. with practice it can get better.

Last but not least, please tell your MD. Sometimes it can be part of a flare, and sometimes its just part of the disease. There are things you can do to become more comfortable at night. Comfy PJs, good sheets, soft blankets, and if need be remove pets! I love my cats, but sometimes they keep me awake. If I am in a sleep distrubed cycle they get removed from the room. When I am in a better space, they can come back.

Feel better

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pink (03-09-2010)