View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, everyone. What I do notice is that I go though emotional phases. Sometimes I am "reasonable" and accept not being able to do stuff. Other times, I feel like I need to do something that I know very well I'm going to pay for later, just out of frustration.

I'm not sure if I want my husband to trust me to make those decisions, or to step in and be the voice of reason. This morning, for example, I said, "I'll do the grocery shopping today," and he said, "No, you won't." Since he was the one who had to literally pick me up off the floor yesterday, that was an understandable response, and I didn't insist.

I find it easier to ask for help from the people I usually take care of, like my guests. Sometimes instead of making dinner, I make an announcement, as in: "OK, all you grown-up types: make dinner happen!" And I have handed over all dish-washing duties (not negligible in a household of 13 people).

Thanks for the reminder that love eases burdens. I think no matter what my health state, I'll feel better when spring comes (I write from new England, where we get awful cabin fever). I lost my fiddle to MG (can't hold up my arms) but I discovered that not only can I hold a mandolin, but it's tuned just like the fiddle, so I learned (well, sort of...) instantly.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote