View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ames View Post
Hi Jim.

I live on the Eastern Shore near Chestertown. It is a lovely area! Wouldnt trade it for the world!
Suzy and I have been going to eastern shore our whole lives. We both grew up in the DC area, primarily Md. I've got friends who live southeast of you in Snowhill, MD. We've looked at homes in all three states, Del, Md and VA. Before Suzy's accident we were looking very closely at Captain's Cove in VA just over the Md-VA border. A gated community with a golf course on the Chincoteague Bay. But of course things have changed now. VA is out because of a lack of quality medical facilities because of lower population and the fact VA isn't to swift with medical care infrastructure in the first place compared with Md and many other states. Also, I hesitate to move to estern shore because of lack of family presence and possible help and support for Suzy if something happens to me. But, if we do it'll be Del. or Md.

Kim, a little trivia for you. Did you realize that the first settlers to the new world may in fact have settle in eastern shore? That these settlers may come from Europe not Asia? If you are courious look up the history of the Clovis Indians in which they where discovered in New Mexico dating back 10,000 years. But in the last 20 years 400 clovis sites have been found in the Washington DC area and the oldest dating back 14,000 years on eastern shore. Just a couple of years ago a new Wilson Bridge was built to replace the old one on the Potomac river. Clovis spear points were discovered along the shoreline. These Clovis points resemble exactly spear points of european origin not asian. Very interesting.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote