Thread: Ssi
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Nicky,
I do have trouble with writing, too and my handwriting is terrible now. Writing makes my hands so tired and I get cramps and stiff fingers. I am typing more and more because it is less tiring, but sometimes even then those last three digits give up. I love writing!

Jana,
Oh how terrible to go through all that...makes me have second thoughts about applying for SSI. I don't have what it takes to handle any more stress in my life, even though in the past I have loved these kinds of challenges... I will still give it a try.

About disability,
what is considered significant? Some days I can do repetitive things and be okay and others I can't. For example, last week I was feeling pretty good and had no big problems, I even did some things I can't usually do. These last few days, after any activity (even just walking short distances or bending over to pick something up) I have to take a break because the activity sends my heart racing and I start breathing fast. Who decides what is significant? Any suggestions on how to approach my doctor to let him know what I am going to do?

Okay, even thinking about possible future stress is making my heart pound and now it won't stop, and my arms, neck and legs are getting weak (I am laughing now and also sad and mad, because it seems so silly that I can get weak by thinking stressful things!!!). I seem to have some kind of stress induced MG since stress makes my symptoms get bad faster than physical activity. I hate MG. Time to go lay in bed for a while...I hate it when this happens.

Sorry for the complaints, I am having some bad days recently.

Thank you for the topic, I need to apply as soon as possible since my savings account won't last forever.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (03-07-2010)