View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello All,

I am leaving for a business trip to Las Vegas tomorrow afternoon, and realized that I had not provided an update for a week or so.

My parents went to my mom's second neuro appointment. My parents provided my journal to the neuro, and the neuro thought it was a great idea. All of the progress that I described in previous posts, and included in the journal, was agreed to by the neuro. The neuro said she saw the exact same positive changes in my mother that I had noticed over the last few weeks. My father actually told me that the neuro said, jokingly, that all my mother does is "gab" now!

The neuro is going to start my mother on a CR drug fairly shortly. If I understand my mother correctly, the CR drug is going to be taken in conjunction with the original Sinemet 25/100 that she is currently taking. Does that sound right to you guys?

I have been reading all of your posts back to my mother and I know that it brings her great hope. I read her one this afternoon and she completely agreed with the 1/2 life of the medication dosages and trying to determine those exact "times" to take the drugs so that the "crash" is as minimal as possible.

I believe the next neuro appointment is scheduled for April. My father asked the neuro if she was leaning towards a PD diagnosis given the fact that the levodopa / carbidopa started to show some relief for my mother. The neuro said that she is leaning towards that, but she feels it is still too early to tell.

Thanks for the continued support.

Matt
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote