View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhorizon View Post
I am scheduled to have my teeth extracted to give way to a complete upper denture. I'm in my mid forties and just got divorced last year. Does anyone have success stories concerning finding someone who's willing to love you, dentures and all?
I wanted to encourage you in this matter. I had my upper extracted when I was 21 years old; my husband was very supportive although I wondered if he could really "love" me the same...I mean, I felt like I just aged myself overnight and all those cracks about dentures and such (from others) would no longer be humourous.

I recently got dental implants that now support an over-denture, but I still have to remove them for cleaning. My husband still loves me and says he honestly forgets that my teeth aren't mine; and he reminds that it is only a part of me, not all of me, and he loves all of me.

My sister also lost her teeth at the same age; she had to date with dentures. She met a wonderful man, and when their relationship got serious, she decided to tell him, figuring she didn't want to keep secrets. She also felt that if he loved her as he was saying, then this shouldn't matter. It didn't, and they are happily married with 3 children.

I agree -- the right person for you will love you for you.
tbrown1025 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (03-06-2010)