View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 08:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for you replies. I never even thought of Lidocaine infusions. I don't even know if they do any of that stuff around here. I have had this disorder since Nov 03 in both feet, with occasional burn in my hands that SGB's have put into remission right away. But this intense burning..of my scalp, my skin just goes ON FIRE......OMG!!! can get so out of control if I don't hit it the second it starts. I am in a BURN right now. I have had 5 episodes in the last 2 weeks. From the shoulders up to almost the very top of my head is on fire. The tops of my hands & arms, not the undersides though at all. It is so weird how this happens & to where it happens on my body.

The skin gets so tight feeling..........I think that is because I get so full of edema where I turn blotchy & bright red. I look like I have massive hives I have my youngest grandson here & this is the 2nd time it happened with him visiting. I really hate it. It also scares the hell out of me. I don't think I could stand it if I felt this way all the time. The longest one of these has lasted is about a 2 hrs. That was at first before I hit it with extra gabapentin & the BTP meds in a heavy dose. I tried Topomax in 2004. Worked wonderfully for the burning pain. BUT I had a strange reaction to it. Happens very very rarely. It knocked me into something like a manic high. Similar to what someone who is bi-polar goes through. The shrinks call this type of episode an 'organic manic high", organic because it was induced by a medication. Antidepressants do the same thing to me.

I live not too far from Sacramento CA. There is a teaching hospital there so I guess I could call & see who they recommend. I know they have a pain clinic altho I had a bad episode at their clinic. They accused me of being a drug seeker. I did end up with a huge apology from the head of the department over it but it left a very bad taste in my mouth. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Now if I can just remember to do any of it *LOL*

Debby
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote