View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi
I've had a 4 level cervical surgery, a botched laminectomy, a messed up lumbar area. A pain doc sent me for PT, who had a PhD in PT, and says oh, scoliosis. Apparently my curve isn't a great big one, nobody is jumping up and down about it. Last year, my local scoli. group brought a young woman here from a formerly Communist country. She had a 135 degree curve. and 2 years to live. After an extremely long surgery 24 hours, 4 months rehab, she is doing fine.

I go to the scoli. group not because I have a mild curve, but we have guest speakers on all types of back pain and problems. We just had an MD last night who spoke on non surgical procedures for back pain. Quite interesting. Most of what he spoke of, I knew from reading here. But the Q&A was wonderful, being able to ask a doc your Q, and get an answer, and learning from it all, with NO office visit, you know?

Most of our group do have scoli. and have had many surgeries, problems and pain from it. I think I'm the only one that hasn't had that as my cause. But it doesn't matter, because pain is pain, and they accept me.
Rrae (03-06-2010)