Thread: brain fog?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintpatty View Post
I am sad to say that I too am suffering from this symptom. It is one of the most scary symptoms that I have, to be honest. I feel like I'm losing my mind some days. I do forget things occasionally, but it's affected me the most in word selection. I'll be in the middle of a sentence & simply cannot place the word I want to use. It's quite frustrating to me, as I am young & was relatively healthy before all of this hit me.

I would say that I suspect the medicine, but I started out on Neurontin/Effexor and over time have switched to Lyrica/nortriptyline, and the issues have not changed, so I really don't know. I have read that it is a symptom of the CRPS itself, but I'd prefer to blame it on the meds. I just really don't know.
Hi peppermintpatty, It's good to have you with us. I know those lapses and grasping for words are so frustrating. I've had RSD 15 years, and it's my opinion this is due to the disorder and not meds. It's because RSD affects part of the brain called the limbic system. That controls short term memory, and decision making process. There has been much written on it. Perhaps, looking up Limbic System would help.
Dr. Hooshmand on rsdrx.com has a lot to say. He practiced 40 years-RSD and on his website at puzzles list-there are 146 questions and his answers. I know he discusses this. He is retired, but has referred patients to another Florida Dr.
Take care, and let us know how you are doing, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
babs74 (03-07-2010)