View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Stopping Hand Neuropathy and Hand Numbness While Sleeping

I have neuropathy of my feet (probably T2 diabetes related) and hands (ulnar entrapment - thought to be due to lifting weights without gloves). But I was also recently diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, which can also cause neuropathy.

I was only diagnosed with T2 diabetes last June. I probably had it a few years longer but the onset and degree of neuropathy have surprised me. I'm now beginning to think that my neuropathy may have more to do with other autoimmune diseases like Sjogren's rather than the diabetes itself. Especially since I have normalized my BG now and my HbA1c and FBG tests are now in the normal range (5.8 last time, usually 85-95 FBG).

My hands are frequently going numb at night multiple times. Often, I wake up because my either hand is numb. I've been trying to sleep with my arms straight but it's difficult to do this. Does anyone with hand numbness use wrist or elbow braces or support while sleeping? If so, is it effective?

I'm a little but worried because I seem to also be suffering from reduced manual dexterity: I'm frequently dropping things with my right hand, drop bottle caps while trying to open, fumble with different coins from my change purse, etc. I'm seeing a neuro but these are some recent developments which I have yet to report.
dolby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote